Algoritmi Adattativi e Calcolo Parallelo – a.a. 2014/2015
Older editions: a.a. 2013-2014
The seminar discusses parallel programming models in MATLAB. It is organized in three independent lectures:
- Multicore and Multimachine Programming in MATLAB (08/04/2015 and 15/04/2015 [updated 15/04/2015]).
- MapReduce in MATLAB (27/05/2015 [updated 27/05/2015]).
- GPU Computing in Matlab (27/05/2015).
An additional part of the seminar is a primer on object-oriented programming in MATLAB, which is propedeutical for parts 2 and 3:
- Object Oriented Programming in MATLAB (expected 16/04/2015).
Below you can find the MATLAB code for the examples presented during the lectures:
- Example 1 – Mandelbrot set computation
- Example 2 – Parallel SDA restarts
- Example 3 – Simple Diffusion LMS
- Example 4 – Simple Filtering Application (OOP)
- Example 5 – Counting words in MapReduce
- Example 6 – Linear regression in MapReduce
Feel free to contact me for any information related to the material of the course. Several arguments are available as possible project for the course.