Jump to: Academic seminars – Miscellaneous – International conferences
Academic seminars / tutorial / invited talks
- INNS Big Data and Deep Learning Conference (Sestri Levante, 2019): Deep randomized neural networks (joint tutorial with Claudio Gallicchio).
- University of Siena (Siena, 2019): Designing non-parametric activation functions: recent advances.
- University of Exeter (Exeter, 2018): Compressing deep neural networks: Challenges and theoretical foundations.
- Roma Tre University (Rome, 2017): Learning over networks with non-convex cost functions.
Miscellaneous (mostly in Italian)
- AI Day Rome (2019): TensorFlow 2.0 and its ecosystem (includes a 1-hour codelab).
- Data Science Seed Meetup (Genoa, 2019): In Codice Ratio: Mining the Vatican Secret Archives.
- Luiss EnLabs AI Worklab 2.0 (2019): State-of-the-art in deep learning frameworks.
- Codemotion Milan (2018): Bring your neural networks to the browser with TF.js! An updated version to TF.js 1.0 is also available.
- Converge Conference (Milan, 2018): Il “lato oscuro” del deep learning. Rifatto alla DevFest 2018 del GDG Milano.
- Facebook Dev Circle Rome (Opening Meetup): Dalle reti neurali ai computer differenziabili.
- Codemotion Milan (2017): The dark side of deep learning (notebooks coming soon!).
- Rome Machine Learning & Data Science Meetup: Quando le reti neurali inventano [demo available on the GitHub repository].
- Global AI Hackaton Rome: Technical workshop (in preparation to the challenges).
- Codemotion Rome (2017): From a Developer’s POV: is Machine Learning Reshaping the World? [contact me for the original Jupyter notebook]. A similar talk was repeated as a webinar for the Italy Big Data & Machine Learning Meetup, for which you can also find the audio recording (from the minute 38:00 approximately).
- Data Driven Innovation Open Summit (2017): Il deep learning ed una nuova generazione di AI.
- Google DevFest 2016 (& Linux Day): A practical introduction to machine learning with sklearn. Il codice Python per gli esercizi è disponibile qui.
- Data Driven Innovation Open Summit (2016): Big Data e Deep Learning. Disponibile anche una versione precedente presentata alla Google DevFest Roma 2015.
- Apprendimento supervisionato distribuito con reti neurali (presentazione conclusiva dottorato di ricerca).
- L’Apprendimento Automatico per la Rappresentazione della Conoscenza (Il Deep Learning e la nuova generazione di reti neurali), presentata alla scuola di formazione e ricerca SEFIR 2015.
- Sinergie Uomo-Macchina nel Processo Creativo (presentata al Campus Bio-Medico, ed in precedenza alla scuola di formazione e ricerca SEFIR 2014).
- GDG Meets U (L’Aquila): Smart Applications for ever-smarter Phones.
- Google DevFest Central Italy 2013: Automobili Intelligenti, Toyota e Università presentano il Machine Learning in Automotive (disponibile anche il video della presentazione).
- Visioni a Confronto (Google c/o Mercedes): Machine Learning & Prediction.
- Google Cloud Dev Conference 2013: Google Prediction API (disponibili slide e video della conferenza).
- Codemotion 2012: How to Make Smarter Programs: a Gentle Introduction to Machine Learning (disponibile anche il video della presentazione).
- 2019 INNS Big Data and Deep Learning Conference: Multikernel activation functions: formulation and a case study.
- Seventh Italian Workshop on Machine Learning and Data Mining: From deep to minimalistic neural networks.
- 2018 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing: Recurrent Neural Networks with Flexible Gates using Kernel Activation Functions.
- 26th European Signal Processing Conference: Improving Graph Convolutional Networks with Non-Parametric Activation Functions (poster).
- Sixth Italian Workshop on Machine Learning and Data Mining: Kernel-based non-parametric activation functions for neural networks.
- 2017 IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks: On the Use of Deep Recurrent Neural Networks for Detecting Audio Spoofing Attacks.
- 5th Italian Workshop on Machine Learning and Data Mining: Learning over Networks with Non-convex Cost Functions.
- 2016 IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning for Signal Processing: Parallel and Distributed Training of Neural Networks via Successive Convex Approximation.
- 24th European Signal Processing Conference: Diffusion Spline Adaptive Filtering.
- 25th Italian Workshop on Neural Networks: Benchmarking Functional Link Expansions for Audio Classification Tasks and A Comparison of Consensus Strategies for Distributed Learning of Random Vector Functional-Link Networks.
- 24th Italian Workshop on Neural Networks: Significance-Based Pruning for Reservoir’s Connections in Echo State Networks.
- 2014 IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks: An Effective Criterion for Pruning Reservoir’s Connections in Echo State Networks.
- 2014 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation: GP-Based Kernel Evolution for L2-Regularization Networks.
- 134th Audio Engineering Society Convention: User-Driven Quality Enhancement for Audio Signal Processing.
- 23rd Italian Workshop on Neural Networks: A Preliminary Study on Transductive Extreme Learning Machines.
- 36th International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing: Interactive Quality Enhancement for Acoustic Echo Cancellation.
- 22nd Italian Workshop on Neural Networks 2012: PM10 Forecasting using Kernel Adaptive Filtering: an Italian Case Study.