I am a post-doc fellow at Sapienza University (Rome) and an honorary research fellow at the CogBID laboratory at the University of Stirling. My research is focused on neural networks, distributed learning, semi-supervised learning, kernel methods and audio classification. I am also available as a freelance consultant, and I like to present machine learning concepts in divulgative events, which recently led me to organize the first ML Meetup in Rome. Additionally, I teach a course in ML for the Master in Data Science at the University of Perugia.
Before my PhD, I obtained a Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering in 2009, and a Master degree in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics in 2011, during which I visited Tohoku University (Japan) for a summer school. In 2011, I worked for a year as a software developer.
If you are in Rome, join our Machine Learning & Data Science Meetup:
Current research activities
- Guest editor for the special issue on Advances in Biologically Inspired Reservoir Computing to be published on Cognitive Computation.
- Associate editor for Cognitive Computation (Springer, January 2016 onwards).
- Publicity co-chair for the 3rd INNS Conference on Big Data and Deep Learning.
- Publicity co-chair for the 18th International Conference on Engineering Applications of Neural Networks (Athens, Greece).
Past research activities
- Co-organizer of special session on “Distributed Learning Algorithms for Neural Networks” for IJCNN 2016 in Vancouver (Canada).
- Publicity co-chair for the 2017 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (Anchorage, Alaska).
- Publicity co-chair for the 1st INNS Conference on Big Data (San Francisco, US), the 2nd INNS Conference on Big Data (Thessaloniki, Greece).