I am a post-doc with a strong interest in machine learning, particularly neural networks, distributed and semi-supervised learning, kernel methods, and audio classification. Currently, I am a post-doc fellow at Sapienza University (Rome) and an honorary research fellow at the CogBID laboratory at the University of Stirling (UK).
I am very keen on promoting machine learning concepts and making them accessible to everyone by organizing events, speeches, and hackathons. I am the co-organizer of the Rome Machine Learning & Data Science Meetup, that organizes monthly events in Rome, and a member of the advisory board for Codemotion Italy. I am also a co-founder of the Italian Association for Machine Learning, a not-for-profit organization with the aim of promoting machine learning concepts in the public.
Current research activities
- Associate editor for Cognitive Computation (Springer, January 2016 onwards).
- Guest editor of the special issue on New Developments on Randomized Algorithms for Neural Networks to be published on Information Sciences.
- Tutorial on “Deep Randomized Neural Networks” for the 4th INNS Conference on Big Data and Deep Learning (Genoa, Italy), together with Claudio Gallicchio (University of Pisa).
- Publicity chair of the 2018 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (Budapest, July 2019).
- Publicity chair of the 4th INNS Conference on Big Data and Deep Learning (Genoa, Italy).
- Social media chair of the 2020 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (Glasgow, UK).
- Member of the IEEE CIS Social Media Sub-Committee.
- Member of the IEEE Task Force on Reservoir Computing.
- Google Developer Expert for Machine Learning.
- Program committee for Codemotion Rome and Milan.
- Co-organizer of the Rome Machine Learning & Data Science Meetup.
- Co-founder of the Italian Association for Machine Learning.
Past research activities
- Guest editor for the special issue on Advances in Biologically Inspired Reservoir Computing, which has been published on Cognitive Computation.
- Co-organizer of the special session on “Distributed Learning Algorithms for Neural Networks” for IJCNN 2016 in Vancouver (Canada).
- Co-organizer of the special session on Advances in Reservoir Computing for IEEE IJCNN 2018 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil [deadline on February 01, 2018].
- Publicity chair for the 18th International Conference on Engineering Applications of Neural Networks (Athens, Greece).
- Publicity chair for the 2017 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (Anchorage, Alaska).
- Social media chair for the 2018 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (Rio De Janeiro, Brazil).
- Publicity chair for the 1st INNS Conference on Big Data (San Francisco, US), the 2nd INNS Conference on Big Data (Thessaloniki, Greece).
- Publicity chair for the 3rd INNS Conference on Big Data and Deep Learning (Bali, Indonesia).
- Publicity chair for the 14th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations (Rhodes, Greece).