Computational Methods for Audio Analysis
Theme and Scope
Nowadays, computational methods are largely used to face complex modelling, prediction, and recognition tasks in different research fields. One of these fields is represented by the analysis of audio signals, which finds application in communication, entertainment, security, forensics and health to name but a few.
The typical methodology adopted in these tasks consists in extracting and manipulating useful information from the audio stream to pilot the execution of automatized services. Such an approach is applied to different kinds of audio signals, from music to speech, from sound to acoustic data. The use of computational methods may also allow to provide a characterization of an audio stream by directly analyzing raw data. Moreover, cross-domain approaches to exploit the information contained in diverse kinds of environmental audio signals have been recently investigated.
It is indeed of great interest for the scientific community to understand the effectiveness of novel computational methods for audio analysis, in the light of all aforementioned aspects. The aim of this session is therefore to focus on the most recent advancements in the Machine Learning field and their applicability to a wide range of audio analysis tasks.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Machine Learning Algorithms for Speech and Audio Analysis
- Cross-domain Audio Analysis
- Deep Learning for Audio Applications
- Audio Source Separation and Localization
- Audio-based Security Systems and Surveillance
- Reinforcement Learning for Audio
- Music Information Retrieval
- Speech and Audio Forensics
- Computational Methods for Wireless Acoustic Sensor Networks
- Speech and Speaker Analysis and Classification
- Sound and Novelty Detection and Recognition
- Machine Learning for Speech Enhancement
- Intelligent Audio Interfaces
Prospective authors may submit their manuscripts through EUSIPCO 2017 submission system. All the submissions will go through peer review. More details on paper submission can be found on http://eusipco2017.org/.
The deadline for full paper submissions is February 17, 2017.
For more information, please contact the Special Session organizers:
|Michele Scarpiniti||Sapienza University of Rome, Italyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jen-Tzung Chien||National Chiao Tung University, Taiwanemail@example.com|
|Stefano Squartini||Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italyfirstname.lastname@example.org|